General Linda Bond Announces International Congress

The congress will be held in London, England, and will mark the 150th anniversary of the founding of the Army.

March 1, 2012

General Linda Bond has decided that an International Congress will be held during the first week of July 2015. The congress will mark the 150th anniversary of the founding of the Army. As London, England, is where the Army was born, it is fitting that Salvationists gather in this city to celebrate God’s faithfulness and blessing on our mission.

Planning and preparation for the congress will be coordinated by Lieut-Colonels Eddie and Kathy Hobgood, officers of the US Southern Territory, who will be based at IHQ from July 2012 under the supervision of Commissioner William Cochrane, International Secretary to the Chief of the Staff.

“As we look forward to a great gathering of Salvationists from 124 countries let us join our prayers for a God glorifying, Kingdom growing International Congress in 2015,” says Commissioner Barry C. Swanson, Chief of the Staff.

Further detailed information will follow in due course.

Comments

1. Dawn Green says:

I love to be able to go I guess I will have to start saving my money.Is there a certain amount of tickets sold for the event? I have not been to a congress in years and never been to an international congress ever. It would be awesome to attend. I hope I get the opportunity to go.

2. Lucy Kanya says:

I am writing from Kenya, a member of the Nairobi Central Corps, Kenya East Territory. I would love to attend this awesome congress too. I will be in Dundee, Scotland during the month of July and hope I can purchase a ticket from there. God bless the Salvation Army and may He continue to bless us indeed and enlarge our territories.

3. John Umasanthiram says:

2015 will be a wonderful and a blessed year for all salvationists, friends and associates of The Salvation Army to celebrate the 150 years of the work of the Army. I pray many will come to London not only to celebrate but to receive God’s blessing. So all of us around the world as we think of the International Congress let us Pray, Plan and be Prepared to Participate in this blessed Programme. God bless our Army.

Certainly as a family we look forward to attend the International Congress.

John Umasanthiram
    Indonesia.

4. Maxwell Barson says:

I am a salvationist in Zimbabwe and a member of the territorial band and songsters. It’s great to hear of another international gathering of the Army! Having attended the 2000 Millennial Congress in Atlanta, I can testify that there is nothing comparable to international congresses of the SA! I pray the Holy Spirit will empower the organisers, and call upon all Salvationists to pray for this important event. My wish is to be there. God bless the General! God bless the Army!

5. I am a salvationist in Mumbai,IWT India .This is great to know about the International congress ! May God give you success in all your Plans and may fulfill his work through all of us. I am a member of songsters. I wish that I would join you People there and may praise the lord! God bless the Army!

6. Beverley Price says:

This is wonderful news. I will start saving. I attended the 2000 congress in Atlanta and that was a wonderful experience. So have always wanted to attend a congress in London. I pray for those who will be organising this event, and believe it will be a God glorifying occasion.

7. Paul Clee Polimetla says:

Its Great! I will be there along with my family. I am the 4th Generation Salvationist.

8. Nehal Shailesh Das says:

This is amazing news !! An international youth congress … is a very insipiring and motivational step for all the Salvation Army youths all over the world.i would love to attend the congress and be a part of it.. and praise God with youths from different parts of the world.I’m the 6th generation salvationist… also an active member of songsters and also take sunday school here in mumbai, IWT. looking forward to the event. God bless the organisers … and the participants… and the Army!

9. How old do you have to be to go, how long does it go for & how much does it cost. I would love to go with 2 of my friends. Our only problem is the fundraising to go. ( I am going to be 14 when it is).

Hi Maggy,
    Details have not been released, but keep checking back and we’ll let you know as they become available. -editor

10. Richard Jahwant Mahida says:

WoW!!! what a great news, its great to hear about the World Youth Congress 2015. May God bless the organizers and all our army youth world wide. Best wishes from Mumbai,IWT.

Speak Your Mind

Called to Dance

Called to Dance

Salvationist Jalianne Li’s unique form of worship helped her break free of depression.

Video: “God is With Us”

Video: “God is With Us”

Watch the territorial commander’s Christmas message for Salvationists.

Opinion & Critical Thought

Contemplating Christmas

Contemplating Christmas

In the story of Christ’s birth, which character are you?

The Meaning of the Cross

The Meaning of the Cross

How our sixth doctrine shows us who God is.

Territorial News

Canadian Council of Churches Urges Protection for Syrian Refugees

Council believes Canada should choose refugees in light of our capacity and their need, not their religious creed.

Santa Shuffle Raises $500,000

Santa Shuffle Raises $500,000

Sixteen thousand people across Canada participate in race.

International News

The General and Pope Francis Meet at Vatican

The General and Pope Francis Meet at Vatican

First-ever private meeting between a Salvation Army General and a Pope demonstrates commitment to common goal of sharing of the love of God.

Salvation Army Officer Rings Bells for 150 Hours

Salvation Army Officer Rings Bells for 150 Hours

Major Marcelino “Butch” Soriano’s record-breaking ringing celebrates The Salvation Army’s 150th anniversary in 2015.

Faith & Friends

“Can I Play Your Guitar?”

“Can I Play Your Guitar?”

Eric Day was faced with a Christmastime dilemma: should he hand over his precious possession to a stranger?

“Let My People Go!”

“Let My People Go!”

With Exodus: Gods and Kings, Ridley Scott brings an epic story to a new generation.