Welcome to The Salvation Army Territorial Headquarters Information Technology Department web page. Contained within these pages you will find valuable information regarding the products and services offered by the IT Department and links to many useful resources.
Our Mission Statement
The fundamental role of the IT Department is to support the mission of the Canada and Bermuda Territory by providing technology and tools which facilitate the performance of tasks at ministry units, divisional and area offices, and territorial headquarters. Technology facilitates administration, supports the ministry and enables creative ideas to be easily shared. In a territory that spans 10 million square kilometres, the IT Department’s mission is to ensure technology is managed effectively to maximize the benefits while minimizing costs.
The IT Department is a centralized resource intended to serve and support technology usage across the territory. The IT Department is responsible for:
- Purchasing software programs.
- Providing detailed information on hardware and mobile devices.
- Developing applications that meet the needs of staff and officers in common ministry areas.
- Establishing standards and best practices for the use of the technology.
- Empowering users of technology by providing training on current and new software and computer hardware.
- Providing assistance to users for trouble calls and questions.
- Implementing and maintaining network and communication systems that support the use of the standard hardware and software in the territory.