The Information Technology Department offers a wide variety of products for users across the Canada and Bermuda Territory.
Basic Programs – Fundamental to all ministry units to ensure maximum use of computers.
- Lotus Notes – E-mail and information-sharing databases. Lotus Notes is the official communication software for the territory.
- Microsoft – Windows operating system and Microsoft Office which encompasses Word, Publisher, PowerPoint and Excel.
- saDashboard – The Salvation Army’s “welcome page.” This is the central access point for programs and databases for all users within the territory.
- Symantec Antivirus – Protection against viruses, spyware, adware and spam e-mail.
Territorial Applications– Programs used across the territory and accessed through saDashboard.
- CMS – Client Management System used by community and family service units for tracking assistance to clients.
- TSA Locator– A search tool that utilizes Google maps to locate Salvation Army facilities across the territory.
- Kettle System– Records kettle income and has a calendar option for scheduling workers for completing kettle shifts.
- SAMIS – Salvation Army Management Information System used to record statistics.
- Shelby – The accounting system for ministry units and divisional headquarters (DHQ).
- ScrewDrivers – A printing software for remote desktop printing.
- TEM – Travel and Expense Management used to submit claims for travel and expenses.
THQ Applications– programs used at territorial headquarters (THQ).
- Blitz – Used for Red Shield manual receipts and interfaces with Raiser’s Edge.
- Cashier – Used by the Finance Department for cashier-office-related transactions and interfaces with Masterpiece .
- Chargeback – Used by the Finance Department to charge the cost of payroll out to associated ministry units.
- Finance Reporting Tool – Used by the Finance Department for running large accounting reports.
- Fischer – Used for the management of property information for the Property Department.
- Fleet – Used for the management of vehicle information for the Property Department.
- InMagic – Used by the Archives (Heritage Centre) to maintain an inventory of all items in the archives and provides online access to historical periodicals.
- Insurance – Used for the management of insurance information for the Property Department.
- IPS – International Personnel System used to record officer information such as appointments, locations, and service.
- Legacy – Used for the management of legacies and estates for the Legal Department.
- Local Receipting – Used for donations at local public relations and development offices and interfaces with Raiser’s Edge.
- Loans – Used for the management of ministry unit and DHQ loans for the Finance Department.
- Masterpiece – The accounting system for the Finance Department at THQ.
- MGP – Monthly Giving Program used by the Public Relations and Development Department to maintain a list of donors who signed up for a monthly donation with an automatic deduction from their bank account. MGP interfaces with Cashier program.
- Online Donations – Used for donations on the Internet and interfaces with Raiser’s Edge.
- PBMS – Payroll Back-office Management System used for sending secure payroll receipts through e-mail.
- Portal – Used to represent the overall wellness of ministry units in relation to key indicators.
- Purchasing and Inventory – Used for the operations of the Supplies and Purchasing Department.
- QuickFill – Used for the management of subscriptions and billing for the Editorial Department.
- Raiser’s Edge – Used for donor management and generation of mail campaigns.
- Search Assist – Used for missing persons program in the Social Services Department.
- Sponsorship – Used for the management of clients, projects and donors in the sponsorship program for the World Missions Department. Sponsorship Interfaces with Cashier program.
- THQ Business Centre – Used to help manage the in-house print shop at THQ including month-end billing.
- Time & Attendance – Used to record the timesheets of workers.
- World Mission Tracking – Used to track the funding and progress of worldwide projects for the World Missions Department.
Ministry Unit Applications -Programs used at one or more ministry units.
- Campbrain – Used by camping ministry in the Ontario Central-East (OCE) Division to collect camper information.
- CSO – Corrections Case Management used by OCE Division for managing individuals who are performing community service as assigned by the Court.
- Cyborg – Used for the management of human resources and payroll functions.
- ESP – Electronic Supervision Program used by OCE Division to track individuals who are wearing electronic monitoring devices since being released from the prison system.
- IRS – Immigration and Refugee Services used by OCE Division to track immigration information for new immigrants.
Programs Being Developed
- ARMS – Accreditation Review Management System is under development for THQ accreditation process.
- Bail Supervision – Being developed for OCE Division as a tracking system for managing individuals not yet sentenced in the court system.
- TSA Courier – Being developed for THQ courier service for UPS deliveries. In future this software may be available for all divisions.
The IT Department currently supports several makes of cell phones as well as a tablet. Individual needs should be assessed prior to purchasing any mobile device.
- Cell Phones – Android, Apple, Blackberry
For a total list of capabilities for each brand of cell phone, review the document available on saDashboard by clicking Technical Support, Purchasing Manual, Mobile Devices.
- Tablets – Apple iPad
Typically used on Wi-Fi only.