The Canada and Bermuda territory has identified 7 Strategic Priorities which should govern our focus and efforts in ministry and mission. Strategic Priority #6 - The Gospel and Transformation has become the responsibility and focus of the Corps Mission Resource department.
The Gospel and Transformation
Goal: To share the gospel, lead people to Christ and nurture them in their faith
- Provide evangelism training and resources that empower Salvationists and others to share their faith
- Adapt outreach methods to best reach people for Christ
- Encourage ministry units to work and witness outside of their buildings to bring hope to their communities
- Embrace cultural diversity with sensitivity and openness
- Care for all creation as an act of worship to God
- Create diverse opportunities for worship grounded in Salvation Army doctrine and practice
- Celebrate stories of transformation and new life in Christ
A four part focus (Pray | Love | Ask | Nurture PLAN) to increase intentionality and opportunities to share the gospel with family, friends, colleagues and neighbours. Can be used as a four part Sunday or small group engagement tool.
The .zip file contains printable cards for each focus, an explanatory document, a powerpoint set of slides, and images to be used to create other complementary tools.
Download: PLAN Evangelism.zip
|PROGRAMS AND SERIES|
|World-famous leaders and inspiring stories. 11 weeks. Well known hosts. VIRTUAL FRIENDLY Visit Alpha
||Family oriented program to attract new people from the community. Find out More||How do members prepare to share their hope in Christ? VIRTUAL FRIENDLY RightNowMedia
|LEADER TRAINING AND MEMBER EQUIPPING||
STATISTICS: Upcoming Changes
|Small group multi-session learning engagement on evangelism. A great opportunity for officers and leader to expand their thinking. VIRTUAL FRIENDLY Register||2 Sessions for corps leaders, instruction on Mercy Seat Counselling. Can be adapted to be VIRTUAL FRIENDLY. Download
|Four week emphasis for encouraging members to engage with their neighbours and friends. Download||3 Week personal devotional follow up for new believers. www.saMinistryHelps.ca|
READY TO SERVE MODULE: WITNESSING
View this module if you are an RTS Leader with access. 4 weeks on teaching how to witness
Find out more about Ready To Serve
|For Leaders: activities, suggestions and guidance for Leading a Child to Christ
| Age Appropriate Decision Pamphlets
- Corps Health
- Statistical Analysis
- Annual Reviews
- Community Care Ministries
- Men's Ministries
- Family Services
- CMR News
- What's New in Evangelism
- Candidates Blog
- Free CFS Webinar Series
- Public Affairs News
- Soldiership Renewal
- Women's Ministry Blog
- Leadership Development Blog
- COVID-19 Updates and Resources
- Spiritual Life Blog
- Ethics Centre Blog
- Bandmaster's Blog
- CMR News
- S3Up Blog
- HR News
Mar16FriNew resources available March 16, 2018
- Filed Under:
- Ministry Resources
The first full week of May is designated as Emergency Preparedness (EP) Week in Canada. EP Week is a national event which is coordinated by Public Safety Canada, in close collaboration with the provinces and territories and partners, including The Salvation Army. This years theme is “Be Emergency Ready”.
With this theme in mind, here are some resources that can be used. Included are templates for posters (11 x 14 and 8.5 x 11), postcards, PPT slide, as well as social media resources (including a “frame” to be used for pictures). These can be found at the following link, in both official languages.
Some things to consider:
- Host an Emergency Preparedness or Emergency Disaster Services (EDS) Sunday, either during EP Week or during the month of May.
- Invite local first responders (police, fire, paramedics, military, etc) who attend to wear their service uniform to church.
- Reach out to local emergency management officials to provide them with information on The Salvation Army’s role during an emergency.
- Participate in EP Week activities in your local community.
Update Advisory Boards and other external stakeholders on local EDS initiatives and how they can get involved.