The Salvation Army first purchased property in Jackson’s Point for the purpose of operating and running summer camp programs in 1917. This was a 20-acre parcel of land known as Camp #1, which is now the conference centre site. Prior to 1917, The Salvation Army operated summer camps on this location for nearly 10 years.
Towards the end of the Second World War in 1944, The Salvation Army purchased an adjacent 195-acre parcel of land known as the Scott Farm.
The Salvation Army is pleased to use this facility as a retreat centre for those in need of rest.
- Jacksons Point Conference Centre