ACHIEVE RESULTS: Key Concepts and Ideas
The Achieve Results domain of the LEADS leadership capability framework consists of four capabilities. Leaders who demonstrate these capabilities:
- They create a compelling vision for the future that includes clearly defined and meaningful expectations and outcomes.
- They exhibit the ability to scan the environment, listen to clients / members / students / customers, and collaborate to develop the vision and results.
- They communicate the vision and goals clearly and gain commitment from those who have to act.
Strategically Align Decisions with Visions, Values, and Evidence
- They understand the complexity of the context in which they are working and integrate the organizational mission and values with reliable valid evidence to make decisions.
- They engage in ongoing data collection to ensure decisions are aligned with best practice.
- They align strategy with structure, culture, and skills, integrate information from various sources, and balance the use of evidence with experience.
Take Action to Implement Decisions
- They have an absolute focus on results and are able to command and let go of control at the same time. They work with those who are ready to act, reducing time associated with decision making in order to deliver results more rapidly.
- They clarify the strategic focus and desired outcomes, determine the non-negotiable core and transparent measures of success, and then let go of the details.
- They act in a manner consistent with organizational values to yield effective and efficient client-centred, mission driven service.
Assess and Evaluate
- They hold people accountable to standards of performance and understand and use appropriate methods to set goals and measure for organizational performance and mission achievement.
- They ensure that measuring the achievement of results includes accurate data collection, good information systems, clear analysis, and relevant reports.
- They use data and information regarding progress toward desired results to course-correct and adapt processes to achieve those results.