Monthly Territorial Prayer Focus
Every month, the territorial spiritual life development department produces a monthly prayer guide. Please join with us in prayerful support.
November 2017 Territorial Prayer Focus
Territorial Leaders will gather at Jackson’s Point Conference Centre from November 19-21 with a focus on social justice, one of our seven strategic priorities. This month, ministry units across the territory will engage in activities of social justice as they work to provide for the needs of the poor. Let us pray for the wisdom and compassion of God as we work and pray for social justice.
The Salvation Army International Social Justice Commission has produced a resource which helps us pray for social justice: www.issuu.com/salvationarmyihq/docs/goanddosomething/17. This resource states that when praying to end hunger we should pray for…
- Patience and understanding between those experiencing poverty and those who are not. May we be better able to imagine ourselves living the lives of those around us and then use these experiences to inform our words and actions.
- That those living in or close to poverty are able to gain the skills required to improve their situation. May people be willing to spend time and energy teaching these skills and may the necessary people – for example, potential employers – be able to see past current circumstance and offer relevant opportunities.
Hope in the City Breakfast events will take place this month from coast to coast. On November 1, St. John's, NL will host its first Hope in the City Breakfast. Please pray for the Public Relations teams coordinating these events. Those attending Hope in the City Breakfasts will see an exceptional new video which captures the stories of people supported by The Salvation Army. Please pray that breakfast guests will see, hear and respond to the invitation to support.
The Salvation Army is visible in communities across the territory this month with Kettle Kick Offs, participation in Santa Claus parades, promotion related to Christmas Hamper programs and more. Let us continually pray that our public presence is a means of bringing hope.
Pray for Salvation Army gatherings. Ask God to make each a source of encouragement that fosters greater faithfulness.
- The Bermuda Division requests prayer for their Congress from November 2-5. Pray this will be an effective and God-glorifying weekend as the division comes together under the leadership of Colonels Lee and Deborah Graves, and MAGA (Music & Gospel Arts) using the chosen theme Harmony in One aCHORD. Our prayer is that harmony in music plus harmony in the lives of God’s people will motivate and mobilize our division to go forward in One aCHORD. May it be so Lord!
- Commissioner McMillan will gather with Cadets in Winnipeg from November 25-27.
- Booth University College will host the Earl Robinson Lecture with special guest, Major Dr. Dean Smith on November 29.
- Prairie Divisional Lay Leaders Weekend will be held on November 3-5.
- Pray through the November issue of The Salvationist as you read stories of people and places.
Past Monthly Territorial
October Prayer Focus
September Prayer Focus
August Prayer Focus
July Prayer Focus
June Prayer Focus
May Prayer Focus
April Prayer Focus
March Prayer Focus
February Prayer Focus
January Prayer Focus