CALL & COMMITMENT 2024
God’s faithfulness endures.
Anchor Verse – Psalm 100
"Shout with joy to the Lord, all the earth! Worship the Lord with gladness. Come before him, singing with joy. Acknowledge that the Lord is God! He made us, and we are his. We are his people, the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving; go into his courts with praise. Give thanks to him and praise his name. For the Lord is good. His unfailing love continues forever, and his faithfulness continues to each generation."
- We are called to worship Him. Call and Commitment month is a time to celebrate and worship God for all that He is and all that He has done.
- We are his people. He has created us to be in relationship with Him and He calls us first and foremost to Himself. We are the sheep in His pasture.
- God’s unfailing love and faithfulness continues from generation to generation.
- God is unchanging in His nature, true to His word, has promised salvation to His people and will keep His promises.
DOWNLOAD RESOURCES NOW
February 4th, 2024 is designated as Call and Commitment Sunday for 2024. However, if this date does not work for your ministry unit, please feel free to pick another time to focus on Call and Commitment.
- Recorded Sermon – Major Carson Decker, Territorial Candidates Secretary
- Follow-up Sermon Questions – Major Carson Decker, Territorial Candidates Secretary
- Sermon Outline on God’s Faithfulness Throughout the Generations – Major Jodi Dunstan, Divisional Candidates Secretary, Ontario
- Call to Worship – Lieutenant Adriane Cartmell, Divisional Candidates Secretary, Bermuda
- Children’s Time – Valerie Pavey, Territorial Children’s Ministries Consultant, CANBDA Youth
- Song Suggestions – Territorial Candidates Department collaboration
- Responsive Reading – Major Ashley Bungay, Divisional Candidates Secretary, Alberta and Northwest Territories
- Commitment Time Script and Response Cards – Major Sandra Budden, Divisional Secretary for Spiritual Life Development, Maritimes
- Testimony Focus with Card Template – Major Carson Decker, Territorial Candidates Secretary
- “Goodness” Poem by Paul David Tripp
- Ebeneezer Prayer Activity – Major Carson Decker, Territorial CandidatesSecretary
- Sample Worship Outline – Major Carson Decker, Territorial Candidates Secretary
- Anchor Verse Video (Psalm 100)
Devotional/Bible Study Material
- Writing Your Spiritual Autobiography Resource – Shona Burditt, Territorial Candidates Project Coordinator
- Personal Soul Retreat – Lt. Col. Brenda Critch, Divisional Secretary for Spiritual Life Development, Ontario
- Prayer Stations – Lt. Col. Ann Braund, Divisional Secretary for Spiritual Life Development, British Columbia
- 29 Day Prayer Calendar – Major Carson Decker, Territorial Candidates Secretary (Download here)
- Contemplative Scripture Cards – Major Carson Decker, Territorial Candidates Secretary (Download here)
- Senior Youth/Young Adults Standalone Bible Study – Sarah Ball, Territorial Youth Consultant, CANBDA Youth
- Scripture Art & Postcard – Major Carson Decker, Territorial Candidates Secretary
- Journal Notes (God's Faithfulness) – Major Carson Decker, Territorial Candidates Secretary
Print and Digital Media
- Bulletin Inserts
- Spotify Worship Playlist (see below)
- YouTube Videos Playlist
- Blank Assets – Bulletin Cover, Blank Slide
- Social Media Assets
Spotify Worship Playlist
Prayer meeting. Gather together to pray over Call and Commitment month using the Prayer stations guide.
Congregational prayer. Use the 29 day prayer guide to encourage your congregation to pray through the month of February.
Worship service. Use the elements provided to create a worship service on February 4th, 2024, another worship service during Call and Commitment month or at a time that suits your ministry unit.
Commitment script and cards, Ebeneezer and Testimony activities. These resources can be used in the worship service or as part of a Bible study/community gathering.
Contemplative Scripture Cards. Use this resource to connect with those in your congregation seeking to go deeper with God and for those in your leadershipteam.
Social Media. Using the resources provided, share what you are doing during Call and Commitment month to listen to what God is calling you to. Use it as an invitation to conversation and to invite people to attend any Call and Commitment events you may be having.
Video testimonies. These videos have been created from interviews with people from across the Territory in lots of different ministry settings. Each one is unique, inspirational and an encouragement to all who watch. Listen to their stories about God’s call on your life and share them with others so they too can be encouraged.
Personal Soul Retreat. Send this resource out to be used individually or together with a group of people.
Children’s lesson and Youth Bible study. To be used as part of a worship service or as stand-alone studies on the anchor verse and theme