Mission & Values
The Finance Department’s strategic statements describe who we are, what we do, and how we do it. They are the benchmark for all that we do to serve The Salvation Army.
The mission of the finance department is the mission of The Salvation Army in Canada and Bermuda:
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world.
We give hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
We reach out to support others without discrimination.
We respect and value each other, recognizing everyone's worth.
We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us.
In accomplishing the mission, the finance department has a specific role to support The Salvation Army.
Role: The Salvation Army Territorial Headquarters Finance Department exists to deliver quality accounting and financial reporting services,provide strategic business advice,ensure prudent management of the organization’s investments,and promote excellence in financial management and Christian stewardship with a primary focus on the mission of The Salvation Army.
Values: In addition to the organization’s core values, the finance department has adopted two supplementary values:
Our Clients: Our clients include all personnel within The Salvation Army. Our efforts also impact clients served within the ministry of The Salvation Army. In serving our clients we:
- constantly look for ways of improving service based on their needs
- conduct ourselves in professional and courteous manner; and
- provide relevant information that is concise, accurate and understandable.
Our Staff: Each staff member can make a valuable contribution. This contribution is maximized when we:
- create a positive work environment characterized by Christian values,
- cultivate open and effective communication,
- encourage staff development and personal growth, and
- establish realistic job expectations that allow for a balanced lifestyle.
Vision: The Finance Department’s vision is to provide services as a trusted business partner in the mission, enhancing financial management and simplifying administration.