The Salvation Army has partnered with True Patriot Love to help the children of military families attend summer camp. The Salvation Army provides a range of fresh air and instructional camps (including music and sports camps) in most Canadian provinces. Moms & Tots camps are also available in some areas.
- At least one parent or guardian must be a current or former member of the Canadian Armed Forces.
- Child (under 18) must meet any application requirements for their desired camp.
- The bursary only covers the camp application fee (plus taxes). This does not include transport to and from camp, canteen spending money, etc.
- The bursary covers one camp per child each year.
- The bursary covers application fees for camps run in Canada by The Salvation Army.
Flyers and application forms are downloadable below. Contact your local Salvation Army for details on available camps, and to apply for camp.
The Elliott Bursary is a small fund that supports tertiary Salvationist students engaged in on-campus ministry. Applicants may apply for, and potentially receive the bursary each school year as long as they fulfill the terms of the fund.
In order to meet the terms of the Fund, applicants must be:
- a Salvationist in good standing, and
- a member and attendant of a campus Christian group (e.g. Inter-Varsity Christian Fellowship, or The Salvation Army Students’ Fellowship, etc.) in Canada.
The application form is downloadable below. Divisions should send forms to the TYS, or CANBDA.email@example.com once forms are complete.