The Social Issues Committee
The Social Issues Committee identifies, studies and responds to relevant moral and social issues affecting the lives of people in Canada and Bermuda. The Social Issues Committee
- serves territorial leadership in an advisory capacity, assisting leaders in making timely and thoughtful responses to moral and social issues;
- provides a forum to engage in conversation on moral and social issues;
- creates and reviews territorial position statements;
- produces issue-based resource materials;
- interacts with individuals, groups and organizations within and beyond The Salvation Army; and
- supports the education and engagement of Salvationists in moral and social issues.