May25MonSalvationists encouraged to upload video prayers for international congress. May 25, 2015
- Filed Under:
- International News
Calling all officers and Salvationists – here is one way you can make an important contribution to The Salvation Army's 150th anniversary international congress, Boundless – The Whole World Redeeming at the International Officers Councils. You can pray!A day before the congress begins, officers will gather from around the world for International Officers Councils with General André Cox, Commissioner Silvia Cox, Commissioner William Roberts and Commissioner Nancy Roberts. During the worship service – which has the theme Every Knee Shall Bow – officers will be called to an important time of intercession. You can join them in prayer via the giant video screen.Create a video recording of you praying for the General, the international congress, your corps, the Army around the world, or any other prayer you would like to contribute.
Simply use your camera, video camera, smartphone or a computer to record your prayer, which should be no longer than 30 seconds. Once complete, simply go to the link below and send us your finished video (http://goo.gl/W2jL3k).
Five tips for a successful video
- Get close: you will have a sharper picture, and better sounding audio
- Hold the camera steady as you can. Use a brace for your hand or a tripod if possible
- Pay attention to the lighting: is it coming from overhead, casting shadows under the eyes? If so move around until it looks better
- Pay attention to the background: is it distracting, or too bright? Is your subject casting a big shadow in the shot? Try different angles until it looks great
- Shoot your video somewhere quiet: if you can hear the traffic, the TV, or the air conditioners, then so can your camera's microphone
We need your prayers, as we kneel before God on that day asking for great revival – join us!