- To teach a different way to pray
- To connect perseverance in prayer with perseverance in physical activity
- For kids to be Christ’s presence in their community
- To encourage prayer for others
For children, being physically present in a place they are praying for can inspire their prayers, and help connect them in a real way. Topics on your prayer walk will be directly connected to places and people you see/encounter on your walk.
Here is a basic outline for a prayer walk:
- Introduce & explain the activity, then start with prayer.
- Walk/run/scooter the selected route, stopping to pray at both pre-selected locations and for spontaneous prayers along the way. So, if there is a school on your route, pray for the teachers and students. A park or trees could inspire prayer for the environment, etc.
- Finish with prayer, thanking God for your experiences & safety as you walked.