VOIT/SEE Worship Team Audition
How would you like to be a part of the worship team for VOIT/SEE?
Worship at VOIT/SEE will be lead by Jude St-Aimé, a bilingual Salvationist worship leader from the United States. But the worship team will be made up of young people from all across the territory. Auditions are now open for young people who would like to be a part of the worship house band at the upcoming youth congress.
We are looking for vocalists, guitar players, bassists, drummers, and keyboard players! Just follow the instructions below and submit your application and video audition by January 6 to be considered for the worship team.
Successful applicants must be able to arrive in Montreal by the evening of Tuesday, May 19, 2020, and be willing to practice music independently and meet virtually with the other team members in the months leading up to VOIT/SEE. Those selected to be a part of the VOIT/SEE worship team will have their expenses (travel, meals, and accommodations) paid for by THQ.
The application process will have two main parts:
1. Christian Witness & Character Reference
2. Musical Audition
AUDITION DEADLINE: JANUARY 06, 2020
Any questions about the process can be directed to CANBDA_YOUTH@can.salvationarmy.org.
VOIT/SEE Worship Team Audition Information
STEP 1 - DOWNLOAD AUDITION PACKET BELOW. CAREFULLY READ INSTRUCTIONS IN PACKET.
STEP 2 - REQUEST WRITTEN REFERENCES FROM YOUR CORPS OFFICER AND DYS.
STEP 3 - PREPARE WRITTEN RESPONSES TO CHRISTIAN WITNESS QUESTIONS.
STEP 4 - RECORD YOUR VIDEO AUDITION.
STEP 5 - UPLOAD YOUR VIDEO TO YOUTUBE.
STEP 6 - SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION . DEADLINE: JANUARY 6, 2020
Each application will be reviewed by the TYS and worship team selection group. Applicants should expect to hear back from the selection group with their decision concerning their application by February 3, 2020. The worship team roster will be announced on February 4, 2020.
Step 1 - Download Audition Packet
Detailed instructions plus sheet music can be accessed by clicking HERE.
Step 2 - Request Written References from your Corps Officer & DYS
Please send an email to your Corps Officer and DYS requesting a written character / Christian maturity reference from them. In your email be sure to explain what this reference is for and ask that it be returned directly to the TYS via email (Terence_Hale@can.salvationarmy.org).
The following are the email addresses for each DYS according to division:
NL Division - Sheldon & Ashley Bungay ( Sheldon_Bungay@can.salvationarmy.org; Ashley_Bungay@can.salvationarmy.org )
Maritimes Division - Carson & Teresa Decker ( Carson_Decker@can.salvationarmy.org; Teresa_Decker@can.salvationarmy.org )
Bermuda Division - Shawna Goulding ( Shawna_Goulding@can.salvationarmy.org )
Quebec Division - Juan Chirinos & Indira Albert ( Juan_Chirinos@can.salvationarmy.org; Indira_Albert@can.salvationarmy.org )
OCE Division - Mark & Jodi Dunstan ( Mark_Dunstan@can.salvationarmy.org; Jodi_Dunstan@can.salvationarmy.org )
ONG Division - Josh & Joyce Downer ( Joshua_Downer@can.salvationarmy.org; Joyce_Downer@can.salvationarmy.org )
Prairie Division - Norm & Crystal Porter ( Norman_Porter@can.salvationarmy.org; Crystal_Porter@can.salvationarmy.org )
ABNT Division - Curtis & Erin Metcalf ( Curtis_Metcalf@can.salvationarmy.org; Erin_Metcalf@can.salvaitonarmy.org )
BC Division - Jason & Kristen Dockeray ( Jason_Dockeray@can.salvationarmy.org; Kristen_Dockeray@can.salvationarmy.org )
Step 3 - Prepare written responses to Christian Witness Questions
A major part of this application is your testimony of Christian witness and maturity. The info packet outlines a series of questions that you will need to provide written answers for when you submit your final application.
Step 4 - Record your Video AuditionRECORDING YOUR VIDEO:
- All auditions must be recorded on video. Audio quality of yourself must be clear.
- Each Part of the audition should be recorded in one take, without pausing or editing. Under no circumstances should you splice or in any way edit your audition within a Part. You may choose to edit the two parts (i.e. guitar & Voice) together into one video if you wish, but that is not required.
PART 1: Sing your favourite worship song
- Tell us your name, where you're from and how long you have been involved in worship ministry.
- Perform a worship song of your choice. NO original songs. You can play and/or sing alone or with a backing track.
PART 2: Soldiers Hymn (Phil Laeger and Marty Mikles)
NOTE: If possible play your specific Part 2 audition backing track from a secondary sound system.
VOCALISTS: On the VOCAL track below the lead vocal is included in verses 1 and 2 for the first few bars. Sing with the VOCAL track, the lead vocal on verses 1 and 2 and harmony on verse 3. (VOCAL TRACK HERE)
INSTRUMENTALISTS: Play (or play and sing) along with the backing track for your specific instrument. Mp3s are linked below and the charts are attached.
PLAY with the track: GUITAR, ELECTRIC GUITAR, BASS, KEYBOARD, DRUMS.
PLAY and SING with the track: GUITAR, ELECTRIC GUITAR, BASS, KEYBOARD, DRUMS.
Tips for instrumentalist - demonstrate variety.
- GUITAR - Show a variety of abilities: chord shapes, strumming patterns, melodic solo lines and/or effect styles (if electric player), etc.
- BASS - K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple, Sam.) Support the sound of the band by simplifying parts. Demonstrate your ability to enhance ‘the pocket, not challenge it. Showcase your ability up and down the neck.
- KEYS – Imitate what you would hear on the radio (Piano, Organ, Synth Pad, Strings). Show off versatility and flexibility. Don’t play busy…play tastefully.
- DRUMS - Play tight (not fancy) grooves, in time without speeding up or slowing down (click track should help). In addition, we want to see your ability to play at different dynamic levels and maintain a consistent tempo.
Step 5 - Upload your audition video
Please upload your finished audition video to Youtube (you may make the video private if you wish). In the description of the video please include the following:
The URL of the video will need to be included in your final application submission.
Step 6 - Submit Your Final Application
Click HERE to submit your application for the VoitSee Youth Congress Worship Team!
PLEASE ENSURE ALL OF THE ABOVE STEPS ARE COMPLETED PRIOR TO SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION.