Each meeting begins with an interactive video segment that will launch a mission for the class to solve. Each lesson has three video segments, where the 5 main characters will set up a situation, and feed the local squad information for solving the issue. The squad leader (teacher) also plays a part in this, and leads the students to complete tasks in order to complete the mission.
- Lessons are directed by a local Squad Leader.
- A unique group of teaching characters called the Ready to Serve RECON TEAM is featured in exciting video segments prepared for each lesson.
- Interactive video simulates a live uplink to the RTS RECON TEAM and in interspersed with classroom activities creating a fun and engaging learning environment.
- Large group/small group learning with additional age-appropriate resources allows leaders to accommodate any size group or setting.
- Lesson material is delivered in an easily downloaded digital format (internet) for printing by local corps/church. Lesson material includes leader manuals, reproducibles, game and activity ideas, etc.
- Extra resource material, found on the Leaders Link of the Ready to Serve website, would include extra lesson helps, age-appropriate games, crafts, activities and project ideas, etc.
- Eventually, Squad leaders will also be able to access an online network with other leaders as well as online training.
Here is a short clip from the “In the Beginning” module lesson one: