- We create a compelling vision for the future that includes clearly defined and meaningful expectations and outcomes.
- We exhibit the ability to scan the environment, listening to clients, members, students and customers. We collaborate to develop vision and results.
- We clearly communicate our vision and goals and foster commitment within our team.
STRATEGICALLY ALIGN DECISIONS WITH VISIONS, VALUES, AND EVIDENCE
- We understand the complexity of our given context and integrate our organizational mission and values with reliable evidence.
- We engage in ongoing data collection to ensure decisions are aligned with best practice.
- We align strategy with structure, culture and skills, integrate information from various sources, and balance the use of evidence with experience.
TAKE ACTION TO IMPLEMENT DECISIONS
- We have an absolute focus on results and can command and let go of control at the same time. We work with those who are ready to act, reducing time associated with decision making to deliver results more rapidly.
- We clarify the strategic focus and desired outcomes, determine the non-negotiable core and transparent measures of success, and let go of the details.
- We act in a manner consistent with organizational values to bring effective and efficient client-centred, mission driven service.
ASSESS AND EVALUATE
- We hold people accountable to standards of performance and understand and use appropriate methods to set goals and measure for organizational performance and mission achievement.
- We ensure that measuring the achievement of results includes accurate data collection, good information systems, clear analysis, and relevant reports.
- We use information regarding progress toward desired results to course-correct and adapt processes to achieve those results.