Grand Bank Corps, Grand Bank, N.L.
God has done fantastic things in Grand Bank in the past 90 days:
- Our men’s ministry has gone from being on the verge of closure to 56 regular members, and new people continue to come.
- Sunday attendance has increased but more importantly we are seeing people beginning to grow in their faith and starting to seek more of God. We’ve had three new converts and several sinners under conviction.
- We started a Bible study for new Christians and four people are taking senior soldier preparation classes.
- Two hundred women attended a ladies’ night.
- 129 volunteers participated in our Christmas kettle ministry in 2019, which resulted in the biggest financial increase we’ve had in the kettle ministry since 2015.
- Whenever we are out in the community, people are talking about what’s happening in the church. God is good.
Pray that God continues to work in the lives of our men. Pray for the people who come to our programs and church on Sunday, that they will have the courage to accept Christ. Pray for our youth and for more youth leaders to come on board. There’s an excitement in this corps of what God is about to do, so pray that our people will continue to seek his holiness and righteousness.
There are many people dealing with mental health issues. Pray that God will be with them and give the church the wisdom to minister to them. Pray that God will open doors of opportunity within the community for us to minister to his people.
What are you most hoping that a new heaven and earth will be like? What do you think it will be like to live in a city where God and the Lord Jesus are with you?
Use S.O.A.P. journaling to deepen your Scripture reflection—click here to learn how.