The Voice of The Salvation Army in Canada and BermudaView RSS Feed
Sep6FriSubmissions will be shared with world leaders of The Salvation Army. September 6, 2013
General André Cox is calling on young Salvationists from around the world to share their views with leaders of The Salvation Army.
- Filed Under:
- International News
Youth aged 7 to 25 are invited to create a short video that answers these five questions about The Salvation Army:
1) Which activities do you most enjoy taking part in at The Salvation Army?
2) What else could your corps or division do for you and your friends?
3) What's it like to be a young person in your corps? (e.g. Do you feel accepted and included? Are your views valued?)
4) How would The Salvation Army have to change to become the church of your dreams?
5) If you could say just one thing to the General, what would you want him to understand?
Each answer should be no more than 20 seconds, and videos should not exceed approximately 1 1/2 minutes.
"I would like contributors to speak freely--to give their candid views, not just what they think I might want them to say!" says General Cox.
Some of the films will be used in a short compilation film to be shown at the General's Consultative Council in January 2014, shared with other international leaders and used on Salvation Army websites and social media.
Contributors can use smartphones, computers or cameras to make their videos. Once they are finished, then may upload their submission to YouTube and add the link to the "Tell the General" web page. Contributors who are under 18--or include under 18s in their videos--must have permission from parents/guardians.
The closing date for contributions is November 1, 2013. Read the full terms and conditions here.