The Voice of The Salvation Army in Canada and BermudaView RSS Feed
Apr15TueThrift Stores in Canada raise above and beyond the $25,000 goal! April 15, 2014
- Filed Under:
- World Missions
The GIVE A LITTLE, GET A LOT Campaign commenced Monday, February 24th and wrapped up March 29th, 2014 throughout 106 Thrift Stores across Canada. The goal was to raise $25,000 but ended with a total of $41,900. This campaign supports The Salvation Army's World Missions efforts to break the cycle of poverty in developing countries with education, food, shelter, clothing and basic medical care.
The contributions of this campaign are going to five different regions across the world;
- India West – Fariyabag Boarding School
- Democratic Republic of Congo – Education for disadvantage children
- Uganda- Sponsorship program for orphans and vulnerable children
- Pakistan- Lahore Girls' Boarding Hostel, Joyland Children's Home and Shantinaghar School
- Kenya East- Kabete Children's Home, Mombasa Children's Home, Joytown Primary & Secondary Schools, Thika Primary & Secondary Schools and Likoni Primary Schools
When asked about a potential special story from this year's Campaign, Jennifer Meszaros, National Marketing Specialist for the Salvation Army in Canada, responded;
“We did have a very special connection to the Thika Primary and Secondary School in Kenya through one of our store managers…”
she continued, “He made the connection that his grandmother was actually one of the founders of this school. He wrote a very beautiful email about his grandmother's journey - explaining the origins of the school and his experiences volunteering there. It is a truly remarkable connection!”
On behalf of The Salvation Army World Missions department, we want to thank each and every individual who operate our Salvation Army Thrift Stores across Canada, those who visit, those who donate and those who showed their support throughout this month long campaign. May each valuable team member in this campaign be richly blessed by the Lord!