All Corps Ministries News
- Statistical Analysis
- Annual Reviews
- Community Care Ministries
- Men's Ministries
- Family Services
- What's New in Evangelism
- Review Information and Results
- Candidates Blog
- Free CFS Webinar Series
- Public Affairs News
- Women's Ministry Blog
- Leadership Development Blog
- 100 Days of Prayer & Scripture
- 100 Days Posts
- COVID-19 Updates and Resources
- Spiritual Life Blog
- Newsletter COVID
- Ethics Centre Blog
- Bandmaster's Blog
Mar16FriNew resources available March 16, 2018
- Filed Under:
- Ministry Resources
The first full week of May is designated as Emergency Preparedness (EP) Week in Canada. EP Week is a national event which is coordinated by Public Safety Canada, in close collaboration with the provinces and territories and partners, including The Salvation Army. This years theme is “Be Emergency Ready”.
With this theme in mind, here are some resources that can be used. Included are templates for posters (11 x 14 and 8.5 x 11), postcards, PPT slide, as well as social media resources (including a “frame” to be used for pictures). These can be found at the following link, in both official languages.
Some things to consider:
- Host an Emergency Preparedness or Emergency Disaster Services (EDS) Sunday, either during EP Week or during the month of May.
- Invite local first responders (police, fire, paramedics, military, etc) who attend to wear their service uniform to church.
- Reach out to local emergency management officials to provide them with information on The Salvation Army’s role during an emergency.
- Participate in EP Week activities in your local community.
Update Advisory Boards and other external stakeholders on local EDS initiatives and how they can get involved.