The Annual Corps Membership and Strategic Thinking review is a valuable process whereby Corps Officers and leaders evaluate and set priority goals for the ministry unit.
Download these documents as needed:
- acmrsp_forms.doc (Additions/Removals, Sign-off)
- Quarters Property Form -This is the only property form required for 2020. The link to the form will be sent by email.
- Vehicle Inspection Form (Ontario only)
- Strategic Thinking Form
COMMUNITY & FAMILY SERVICES
- Community and Family Services Operating Resource Tool Instructions (Jan 2021).doc
- Community and Family Services Operating Resource Tool (Jan 2021).doc
- Creating The Required AMR Statistics Reports - Instructions (SAMIS & Link2Feed)
- Additions/Removals Tips Sheet
- Guidelines for SAMIS During COVID
Watch the video tutorial
Meet with the leadership team to discuss the review documents.
- Identify 3 HIGH PRIORITY GOALS to be submitted to DHQ.- Complete all roll updates in SAMIS, to reflect all expected additions, transfers and removals (provided verbal/written permission has been given by your AC). This will ensure that minimal updates will be required after the DHQ visit.
|February 28||SAMIS closing date and deadline to e-file the completed REVIEW documents and SAMIS reports to your AC.|
|DHQ Visit||The Leadership Team meets with the DHQ personnel to present the review documents and OUR MISSION OVERVIEW.|
|March - May||
Review the HIGH PRIORITY GOALS for the year with your leadership team regularly at Corps Council/Mission Board meetings.- Consider using a Congregational Health Assessment tool to evaluate the health of the corps. The Corps Ministries Department would be happy to help you choose the appropriate tool.
|June - Aug||Redistribute the Strategic Thinking Worksheets to respective group leaders for check-in and assessment of achievements from last years’ goals and to set new goals for the coming year.|
|Sept - Dec||
- Finalize all attendance information in SAMIS.
- The Pastoral Care Council should meet to finalize any roll changes, and ensure that the roll numbers in SAMIS have been updated in the December month.
- Confirm a date for the DHQ visit with your Area Commander (AC).
- Distribute/Collect the Strategic Thinking Worksheets and other helpful tools listed above to engage your leaders in the goal-setting process.
- Ensure that each leadership team and group engages in strategic thinking and submits their worksheet for Corps Council/Mission Board discussion- Finalize the HIGH PRIORITY GOALS that will be submitted on the review document to DHQ/THQ.
- What if I don’t want to do the review all at the same time? There is an option at the bottom of the form that says ‘Save for Later’. If you click that option you will finish your current session and you will receive an email (make sure you have completed the email field at the top of the form) with a link to continue. Using the link in the email is the most reliable way to return to your saved entries.
- How many people can work on the on-line form? Only one submission is required for a corps. One person should take responsibility of completing the on-line form. If corps wish to get input from various leaders it is suggested this be done through sharing the ACMRSP Working Copy (see list above), or through meeting together.
- Who can complete the on-line form? Any designated individual can complete the on-line form. The Corps Officer can email the link to the form to a designated person. Be sure not to have more than one person start a form for the same location.
- When should the on-line form be complete? The completion date for the online form is March 31, 2021. The SAMIS data entry deadline is February 28.
- Can I use my Smart Phone or Tablet? YES - yes you can!
- How do I submit to DHQ? Complete the submission in one session or use the 'Save for Later' feature to complete in more than one session. Once finalized and submitted, the designated DHQ representative will automatically receive an email copy of the submission and the additional forms you upload.
- How do I prepare? In order to finalize and submit on-line you will need the following documents ready to upload:
- a) the Corps Review report from SAMIS (includes the Location Information, Growth History Report and Corps Membership Collection Form, Statistics Detail Report),
- b) the completed Additions/Removals page and Women's Ministries Additions/Removals (available above), the Link2Feed report if applicable, Ontario Vehicle Inspection form,
- c) complete the Quarters Property Form online which will be emailed to DHQ direct,
- d) the completed Community Family Services template required for corps with CFS that are not accredited.
Annual Membership & Strategic Thinking
- Corps Health
- Statistical Analysis
- Community Care Ministries
- Men's Ministries
- Family Services
- CMR News
- What's New in Evangelism
- Candidates Blog
- Free CFS Webinar Series
- Public Affairs News
- Soldiership Renewal
- Women's Ministry Blog
- Leadership Development Blog
- COVID-19 Updates and Resources
- Spiritual Life Blog
- Ethics Centre Blog
- Bandmaster's Blog
- CMR News
- S3Up Blog
- HR News
May25ThuHow to tips May 25, 2017 by Corps Ministries
How to tips.
- Filed Under:
- Ministry Resources
It is recommended that Roll Changes be entered into SAMIS on a regular basis. A common concern raised identifies that unless names reflected by the number changes are also recorded monthly, it becomes difficult at the end of the year...
Jan23MonGet the most out of this exercise. January 23, 2017 by Corps Ministries
STRATEGIC THINKING for congregations is essential to healthy congregational life and growth. Keeping the mission and vision before leaders, and intentionally setting and following goals and objectives, increases ownership and productivity. The new corps review documents will be highlighting this process, encouraging all ministry...
- Filed Under:
- Ministry Resources