All Corps Mission Resource News
- Corps Health
- Statistical Analysis
- Annual Reviews
- Community Care Ministries
- Men's Ministries
- Indigenous Ministries Resources
- What's New in Evangelism
- Public Affairs News
- Soldiership Renewal
- Indigenous Ministries Events
- Women's Ministry Blog
- Spiritual Life Blog
- Ethics Centre Blog
- Bandmaster's Blog
- CMR News
- S3Up Blog
- HR News
- Learning Opportunities
Jun29WedCreate a welcome package June 29, 2022 Corps Mission Resource Department
- Filed Under:
- Ministry Resources
If you have regular visitors attending Sunday worship or other corps events, consider having a suppply of welcome packages available to give out at any time.
Here are 10 ideas of what to include:
- Letter of Greeting from the Officer with an invitation to return the following week.
- A summary of the new Mobilize Strategic Priorities (url - salvationist)
- Information about your website or social media, where visitors might see short videos of your service or other important aspects of your ministry.
- General information brochure on the activities that take place, including a brief history of The Salvation Army and a copy of your local Mission & Vision statement. (sample)
- A copy of your most recent calendar of events and/or Sunday bulletin.
- Contact information for pastoral care or material assistance, and information about assistance offered.
- Information on the membership process of your church.
- A brochure that explains the gospel simply and clearly and points visitors to a page on your website that shares more information.
- A copy of a monthly devotional tool (Daily Bread)
- A list of current volunteer opportunities. This is often a first contact for new members.
Other great things you could include:
Some other creative ideas include: a concert/special event coupon, invitation to the next special event or children's event, something useful with TSA branding, something sweet (you can never go wrong with chocolate).