Volunteer to be an INSPIRE HOST
With the INSPIRE Conference and Congress less than two months away, we are looking for volunteers to get involved and serve as INSPIRE Hosts.
If you are someone who …
- is easy going, has high energy, great listening skills, likes to smile and loves to be around people
- is intuitive to the needs of others and proactive in serving their needs
- is dedicated and committed to making INSPIRE the best experience possible for all delegates, participants and guests
- has no trouble standing or walking for up to four hours at a time
- is willing and able to lift/carry supplies, up to 11 kilograms (25 lbs)
- is fluent in English (the ability to speak another language is a bonus)
- is youthful and energetic (preferably 18 years or older)
- has some experience serving others and/or volunteering
- is a proactive self-starter, requiring little to no supervision
- is ready and willing to learn how to use event equipment as needed
… then you would be a perfect INSPIRE Host!
When you volunteer as an INSPIRE Host, you will…
- have the amazing opportunity to serve your colleagues and friends from across the Canada and Bermuda Territory
- be joining a specialized community that will serve and pray for all aspects of INSPIRE
- have access to an exclusive, comfortable Host lounge with plenty of food, snacks and beverages available every day you host
- have a secure place to store your personal belongings while you volunteer
- receive free special event tickets
- receive branded INSPIRE clothing that will be your Host uniform
- receive a special swag gift bag full of INSPIRE memorabilia
- have periodic breaks, so you will not miss out on events or activities
Additional Host Details
- INSPIRE Hosts will be serving in a number of downtown venues, including the Westin Harbour Castle Hotel, Massey Hall and a number of outdoor venues.
- Hosts who volunteer for multiple days may be eligible to have some of their transportation costs covered.
- All meals and snacks will be provided on the days you host.
- Volunteers must be willing to commit to hosting for a minimum of one full day at a time, but are welcome to serve a number of days.
- Most days will begin at 7:30 a.m. and may go until 8:30 p.m.
- Volunteers will be the official hosts for INSPIRE, so they will need to be on their feet, greeting delegates, providing directions, scanning delegates into sessions, registering delegates, moving crowds effectively and proactively looking for delegates who need assistance. This will require walking and standing for up to four hours at a time.
Officers and employees can join the volunteer team by committing to working one day or more during the INSPIRE Conference and Congress. All employees who wish to volunteer on a weekday must have the approval of their department head/supervisor.
If you are interested in becoming an INSPIRE Host, please contact
email@example.com and provide the following information:
- Full name
- Email address
- Cellphone number (including area code)
- Name of the department/corps/ministry unit/area where you are employed/appointed/affiliated
- Your position (officer or employee) (if applicable)
- Number of days available to volunteer
- Date(s) on which you are available to volunteer