International Women's Day
Monday March 3rd, is International Women's Day!
Rosy walked us through various spoken word exercises and what was created among the twenty women in the "zoom room" was a tangible sense of Holy Spirit speaking and moving. The result was an incredible sense of togetherness, and a reminder that as women, we must come together to pursue justice and change.
"She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future" Proverbs 31: 25 NLT
International Women's Day 2021
"A challenged world is an alert world. Individually, we're all responsible for our own thoughts and actions - all day, every day. We can all choose to challenge and call out gender bias and inequality. We can all choose to seek out and celebrate women's achievements. Collectively, we can all help create an inclusive world." (International Women's Day Website)
We most join together to challenge, to change, to see a better future for women everywhere.
- Ask people to carefully consider this question: "What actions can I take to help forge a more gender equal world?"
- Have people write their answers on a Pledge Card or have them choose a Selfie Card that resonates with them (these can be downloaded and printed.)
- Invite people to take a selfie of them holding their Pledge Card or a Selfie Card of their choosing and share it on social media to raise awareness.
- Post their Pledge Card on a Pledge Wall display. (Select an area that is appropriate for your ministry context. You may choose to keep this display up for the rest of the month of March.)
- Pray over the pledges, asking God to move hearts towards action that will better support, protect, and serve women in our communities and around the world.
- Ask people to carefully consider how they can pray for women in their community or around the world.
- Have people write their prayer on a Prayer Card.
- Invite people to take a picture of their prayer card and share it on social media to encourage others to pray also.
- Post their Prayer Card on a Prayer Wall display. (Select an area that is appropriate for your ministry context. You may choose to keep this display up for the rest of the month of March.)
- Invite others to meditate on the prayers posted, and to join in this communal prayer for women.
For more information on International Women's Day, and for more event ideas, visit the International Women's Day website here.
Learn more about Gender Equality in The Salvation Army by visiting The International Social Justice Commission's website here.