As the world faces COVID-19 together, we continue to stand with our partners in mission and ministry around the world, standing shoulder to shoulder, hand in hand. The following projects are financially supported by The Salvation Army Canada and Bermuda Territory, with more developments to come:
• 13,500 meals will be served to homeless and vulnerable individuals in Costa Rica.
• 600 families in Mozambique will be provided with handwashing, sanitation and educational materials.
• Five Salvation Army hospitals and clinics in Nigeria will be provided with soap dispensers, hand sanitizers, thermometers, surgical face masks and gowns.
• 450 families in Malawi will be provided with educational materials, soap, hand sanitizers and food parcels.
• The Salvation Army medical clinics in Haiti will be provided with handwashing, sanitation and educational materials.
The COVID-19 pandemic has brought unprecedented economic, health and social challenges for the entire world, and many things remain uncertain. While our borders may be closed, we are still under the same sky, serving the same God. This, we know, is certain. We are one Army with one mission, and we will overcome this together.
If you would like to support our current and future international disaster work, please visit saworldmissions.ca.