MISSION,VISION AND VALUES
Values, Beliefs & Behaviours
Values, Beliefs & Behaviours Worksheet (Sample)
This exercise is for engaging people on the topic of values. It helps them understand what is meant by values, the beliefs that inform them and the linkage between values and behaviour. It also motivates discussions about the organization’s core values but is not restricted to them.
- Ask people to complete the worksheet, identifying three values that are important in their life, their beliefs behind the value and some behaviours they exhibit relative to that value. (It is helpful to first walk through an example with your team).
- Allow 10-15 minutes for people to complete the worksheet.
- Put people into pairs and ask them to share at least one of their values, beliefs, and behaviours with their partner.
- Depending on the size of the group and the context of the gathering, you might have people share one of their values with the group.
- Link the discussion with the organizational core values, recognizing that there should be particular behaviours that each person and ministry unit exhibit in regard to each value.
- This could be a short summation of the exercise by the leader/facilitator, or it could lead to a longer discussion of our core values and your ministry unit.
Intimacy with God
Making a Difference